- Pick-up at the accommodation facility;
- Arrival on the southern side of Etna - Rifugio Sapienza;
- Excursion along a Nature Trail of the Etna Regional Park with a visit to the Silvestri Craters (1892) or Option Etna Alta Quota;
- Visit of a cave generated by lava with helmets and torches;
- Tasting of exquisite Etna products at a local organic farm;
- Back to the hotel.
Description of the excursion
After the hotel pick-up, you will head towards the Sapienza Refuge (south side of Etna), making stops at specific points of interest. The guide will introduce you to the history and the territory of Etna and you will discover the latest eruptions and the ancient Silvestri Craters.
From Rifugio Sapienza (1920 m a.s.l.) you will evaluate whether:
- Continue for a walk along one of the Etna Park Paths at 2000 meters with one of our guides.
- Achieve the Etna high altitude option by purchasing an extra: with the cable car service offered by the Etna cable car, you will reach an altitude of 2504 meters in about 15 minutes, from here, thanks to the 4x4 off-road buses, you will reach 2900 meters above sea level. (Tower of the Philosopher). You will be delighted by a scenery suspended over the sea, from which you can admire the imposing central crater, the South-East crater and the previous lava flows that characterize the Etnean landscape. With the help of the Alpine Guides (only in Italian-English) you can visit the areas where the vitality of the Volcano emerges, in full compliance with the regulations and in safety. You will go down again to the Sapienza Refuge by public transport
The excursion will continue with a visit to a volcanic cave with helmets and torches.
Before returning to the hotel, you will make a stop in Zafferana Etnea in an organic production company, for a tasting of honey, wines, oils and other typical products of Etna.
- Hat and sunglasses
From Catania: every day
From Taormina: every day
Duration: about 6 hours